RETURNING ROOTS :: ARBORS REFORESTATION PROJECT
We have always considered the planet in the production of our products. From the start, we committed to donating a portion of every sale to environmental conservation. Our efforts involve the protection and restoration of forests, putting roots in the ground. We focus on the Koa forests of Hawaii as the best way to give back to the people and place at the roots of the surf, skate, snow experience. Today, Arbor is only brand in action sports restoring forests, rather than just planting trees.
Today, ARBOR is the only brand in the action sports segment that restores forests instead of just planting trees. In collaboration with the Hawaiian Legacy Reforestation Initiative, they have already planted over 500,000 trees. When the brand was launched, it set out to lead the way with eco-friendly construction and give back to the planet. Today, ARBOR takes pleasure in the fact that every ARBOR snowboard is made with 100% solar energy, that 80% of materials and processes are sustainable, while research continues to bring the remaining 20% into line. Another cornerstone of this approach is the use of sustainable woods through the use of the Real Wood Powerply.